The Walk to Glory

The Walk to Glory
an excerpt from the magazine in college, of which I was the Ed-in-Chief

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Lifetime I Cherish!!

Q: Ever thought why I decided 2 name my blog "A Lifetym I Cherish!!" ??
A: Well, because its my blog!! I can keep any damn name i wan2.. U shouldn't have a problem?? It has been a cherishable lifetym..It surely has!! If someone ever asks me whether I want to go back in time n relive those glorious moments I am about to share in the upcoming pages, I would reply in the negative. Not because I dont want to relive them.. Nah.. I wish I could.. But because I havent really lived enough of those moments.. I could relive them only if I had lived enough of them..
This webpage is about me.. My tryst with life.. This is about those glorious 12 years gone by at Xavier's- those March Pasts, those 40 minute classes, the assembly, the basketball court, those class parties, the Himalayan treks, the ball dances, the 1st kiss dat fell thru for lack of...well later, those Diwali explosions, Anjan sir, commerce section, GT party, the glorious fete, Bharra ke gunde, the farewell, guys in suits n saree clad girls with those bare and sexy midriffs and the instant hard on it gave us all, the boards that somehow happened n those gallons of tears that still threaten to invade wen I write all this for its sheer glory.....
And thats not just all.. This is about these past 3 years gone by, like a flash of lightening. The past 3 years at Ramjas n more so The College Hostel- those 1st day blues, ragging that never really took off, initial euphoria on hearing about a common hostel for men and women, the 1st election, the night at India Gate, learning to hate a clan of people called jats and then unlearning it, the editorship of the dept. magazine, extracting question papers from teachers and becoming macho in class, bullying day scholars, Jatta ka Chora song, the red coloured lacy bra size 38D, contempt for ECA, girls girls n more girls all around, the elusive 1st love that happened n unhappened and the change in thought process it brought about, the mess committee, the Random plan that landed us in Vaishno Devi while Delhi struggled with multiple blasts, being invited by the Vice-President of India for tea, Clash of Titans-my walk to glory, magazine, Manju Gupta escapades......
There are so many things I want to write down.. I can name everything at the drop of a hat but a common exclaimation for all of these together would be "A Lifetime I Cherish".. n I surely do!!
Cheers to all those good times!! n loads of fun about to follow.. Vivek is back, so are the memories!!

13 comments:

  1. ooohhh!!!good yaa...but hw did u do it??i mean ..ws it ur idea originally..??ok-ok,sorry...bt its nice..n for a change evn u r lukin alrite...hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 thing dat has remaind constant is ur heart warming style of narration.. reminding me of those fleeting joys and vagaries of life... waiting 2 read more...
    P.S. u missed d skool excursion and d recent re union... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow all of your grand adventures in a nutshell hmm???? its hard to sum up ur lifetime like this bt u've managed a pretty good feat.looking forward to reading more........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude... Ur definitely back after a long sabbatical!! Looking forward to ur signature style of narration v so miss dese days... Gr8 to see our storyteller back into business

    ReplyDelete
  5. well ol i cn say z ol d best...fo dis blog..n it prooves wot u r...n tats rockin....well u shud even mention our grp tym in dis blog ...so tat v cn cherish it lifetym

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks buddies...
    @Niloy- The very next blog is about the excursion.. Cheers
    @Pooja- Thanks sweety!! D story about our Humayun Tomb visit is on.. Cheers 2 u as well
    @Adi- U wont have 2 miss my narration now.. M here 2 stay.. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. sacchi me school xcrtion n masti we all did,bro cnt get off 4m it................all those joys n pleasurs of life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude i just loved the way u've narrated 15 yrs of ur life.... Hope that u keep on narrating and we keep on reading.... pls write the next one as soon as possible...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have finally paid a visit to your blog..:p jgng by ur frnz cmts,it sms u'v been a strytlr frm da bgng itslf..i gs it's gonna b lot of fun rdg ol ur dramas dt u'v done thruout ur 'lyftym dt u chrsh'..:D

    Eagrly w8ng 4 ur first interesting piece of write up..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm...wat a quick rewind to d xavier days....wel written...:)
    donno if sumthng cud everrrr replace those days...!!!:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Should say.. Mast Hai!
    Ya it is...
    Good going Buddy...
    Keep it up...
    SHailee Chauhan

    ReplyDelete
  12. viv....thanks a tonne for bringing those dayz back to me....i'd like lost 'em kinda in mah busy schedule...u leave me speechless with tear-flooded eyez....yes....mesmerized i am....nostalgic n spell bound...oh yeah it all comes back to me as if it were only yesterday....thanks a lot dear one....love ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. vivek, dude u have something of everything, lets just say its not only sensational but also informative.

    Although look out for all those on whom you have taken literary liberty, they are gonna come down gunning at you.. even that will make news, i guess! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete